The Terms and Conditions set out below represent the agreement between "you" and "the Museum". For the purposes of this agreement the Museum shall mean the Board of Trustees of the Science Museum (which operates the Science Museum, the National Railway Museum and the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television). The Museum may also be referred to as "us", "we" or "our" in these House Rules and Terms and Conditions.Terms and conditions
All copyright and other rights in the website and all material posted on the website hosted under the www.makingthemodernworld.org.uk URL ("the Website") is owned by the Museum or other parties.
The Museum hereby grants to you a limited licence to use the materials, features and services provided by the Museum on the Website solely for your personal, non-commercial use and subject to these terms and conditions.
In return for the Museum allowing you to access the Website you are deemed to accept the following Terms and Conditions of use (and if you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you will not have permission to access any part of the Website and you should therefore leave the Website immediately):Use of Images
1. You are permitted to view the images displayed on the Website ("the Images") on-screen and to print one copy of no more than 20 different Images only for your personal and non-commercial use. You are also permitted to save one transient copy of each Image to your local hard disk for your personal use.
2. You are not permitted to transmit any Images to third parties for any purpose and the Museum reserves the right to investigate reports of misuse of the Website
3. The Museum has made reasonable efforts to obtain permission (where necessary) to use the Images on the Website and, so far as the Museum is aware (and to the best of its knowledge) all of the Images have been cleared for such use. The Museum requests that any owners of copyright in the Images who have not been properly identified or credited on the Website contact us at email@example.com so that we may consider making the appropriate corrections.
4. You are only permitted to use the Images in accordance with these terms and conditions and in accordance with all instructions and directions contained in the Website. You are not permitted to use any Image, Images or any part of any Image for any other use whatsoever, including, for the avoidance of doubt (and without limitation), any commercial use. For any non-personal use of the Images you must obtain the prior written permission of the Museum.General
5. You agree:
- not to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Website;
- not to alter or modify or transmit, broadcast, re-circulate, re-publish or sell to any third party any material obtained from the Website including, without limitation, any of the Images or any of the written essays ;
- not to modify, alter or remove any copyright or trade mark notice(s) or any "watermark" (whether visible or invisible) from any material contained on the Website;
- not to use the Website in any way that might infringe third party rights, be otherwise unlawful or that might bring the Museum into disrepute;
- not to frame the Website or any of the materials (including without limitation any Image or Images) or post any of the same on other websites; and
- to indemnify the Museum against all losses and costs incurred as a result of any breach of the House Rules and/or these Terms and Conditions by you.
6. The Museum reserves the right to refuse you access to any part of the Website at any time and for any reason without giving advance notice and the Museum shall not be liable for any losses or damages that may arise from such refusal.
7. You agree to keep all passwords and usernames provided to you by the Museum secure and you accept that you will be held responsible for any use made of the Images as a result of your passwords and usernames falling into unauthorised hands (except where due to the negligence of the Museum ). Therefore please do not leave your computer while logged on to the Website and ensure that your username and password are kept secure (ensuring that your computer does not keep a permanent record of the username and password that can be accessed by subsequent users of it).
8. The Museum cannot guarantee that your use of the Website will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. The Museum shall not be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with the Website or any other Internet sites.
9. The Website may contain links to external websites. These links are included to give users the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of assistance to them. The Museum is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
10. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Website is free from viruses, no warranties are given that it is free from viruses and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software. The Museum shall not be liable for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of the Website or any hardware on which they are hosted.
11. The names, images and logos identifying the Website, the Science Museum, the National Railway Museum, the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television or other third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of the Museum and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and the Museum reserves all rights to enforce such rights that they might have. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark, copyright or patent owned by the Museum or any other third party.
12. Nothing in these terms serves to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or any liability which is otherwise prohibited from being excluded by law.
13. These terms and conditions (and the House Rules) may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Website after a variation has been posted.
14. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Website, including without limitation the Discussion Pages and use of the Images, shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any queries about these terms or about the Website generally, please send an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org